Luv Exoticz Cattery
120 Beacon Hill, Franklin, NC 28734
Phone: (828) 322-2244 Website: http://www.luvexoticz.com
Sales Contract for Cat or Kitten
This contract is between Corri Bramer (hereafter referred to as ‘Seller’), breeders of Exotic Short Hair kittens and cats operating under the name of Luv Exoticz Cattery AND the below named person/s (hereinafter referred to as ‘Buyer’). This contract is intended for the protection of both the buyer and the seller, and once signed by both parties is to be considered legally binding.
Name (buyer): ________________________________________________________________________
Cattery Name (if applicable): ____________________________________________________________
Street Address: ________________________________________________________________________
Phone Number – Home: ___________________________________ Cell:__________________________
Email Address: ________________________________________________________________________
Driver License # & USDA Permit #:________________________________________________________
Vehicle Plate # & State Licensed:__________________________________________________________
This contract relates to the sale and purchase of the following kitten/cat:
Name (if applicable):_______________________ Color/Pattern: ____________________
Breed: ______________________________ Sex:________ Date of Birth:_________
This kitten/cat is being sold as a Pet: _____ Breeder: _____ Show/Breeder: ____
Buyer agrees to purchase this kitten/cat for $_________ (which if purchased as a breeder, authorizes allowance of this animal to be used, by the buyer, for breeding, and/or showing) + $_actual cost_ for air travel (if applicable). There are no restrictions on the offspring of said breeder/show kitten/cat. If it is the wish of the buyer to allow this kitten/cat to be resold, or for use by another breeder/cattery (under any circumstances, including by lease or sale), permission must first be received, in writing, from the original seller, Luv Exoticz Cattery. Payment in full is required at delivery or 12 weeks of age, which ever occurs first. Kittens not picked up by 16 weeks will be resold and no refund of deposit will be given.
Purchaser agrees to the following:
- Under no circumstances will this cat or kitten be sold, leased or given away, or sold to any pet shop, research laboratory or similar facility.
- This cat or kitten will be kept indoors or an indoor/outdoor secure enclosure and not be allowed to roam freely outside at any time.
- This cat or kitten is purchased for your use in a breeding program or as a pet exclusively.
- If purchased as a pet, and is a domestic cat/kitten, Purchaser agrees to castrate or spay this cat before age 6 months or within 30 days after purchase if this is an adult cat, agrees and guarantees that this cat or kitten WILL NOT be used for stud or breeding. Failure of the Buyer to provide proof of spay or neuter of a domestic pet, will result in the Buyer paying full breeder price for cat or kitten. The additional charge shall be $1,000.00.
- If this cat or kitten is found to be neglected or mistreated, Purchaser will surrender said cat or kitten to Seller, unconditionally.
- Cash refund of deposit only if kitten/cat is not available for delivery.
- We strongly discourage declawing of cats. Should the owner choose to declaw against our advice all guarantees on the cats health or genetic defect are void.
- The Purchaser will provide a photocopy of their driver’s license and indicate license plate number of their vehicle and the state in which the vehicle is licensed.
- If Purchaser is USDA Licensed, Purchaser will provide USDA License number.
- Buyer will provide to seller annual photograph of the kitten for publication on the seller’s website.
- Kitten must be picked up by the buyer at not later than 12 weeks of age unless prior arrangements have been made.
This cat or kitten is being fed: ___________________________________________
Additional Terms and Conditions:
Health Guarantee: The cat/kitten is guaranteed to be of sound health upon arrival. It is guaranteed for a period of 72 hours from time of purchase (arrival), if vet-checked within that time. It is recommended that the new cat/kitten be in quarantine during this time. If it is found to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life-threatening problem, it must be reported to the seller immediately. Upon its return, it will be replaced with another kitten/cat of equal value. If no replacement is available at that time, seller will have one (1) year to furnish satisfactory replacement or refund purchase price. The cat/kitten cannot be returned after the guarantee period has expired and/or if it has been exposed to another cat, which has not been currently tested for FELV and FIV. It is the responsibility of the buyer to provide immediate veterinary care to any cat/kitten showing signs of illness or distress and failure to do so will render any guarantee null and void. Under no circumstances is a kitten to be destroyed prior to notification by the buyer to the Seller. If a cat/kitten dies within the guarantee period, despite medical treatment, compensation will be made ONLY if a necropsy is performed at a licensed diagnostic laboratory by a veterinary pathologist at the buyer’s expense and cause of death is deemed related to congenital health of the kitten/cat. This cat/kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects for one year except as noted above. This contract is legally binding to all parties involved. It applies only to the Buyer and Seller in this transaction and is non-transferable to other parties. Fraudulent representations by the Buyer will result in immediate repossession of the cat/kitten and voiding of this contract with no refund given to the Buyer.
**This contract is legal and binding. It constitutes the entire agreement between seller and buyer, and supercedes all other prior agreements, both written and oral. Any breach of contract on the part of the buyer will result in repossession of said kitten/cat to seller (without any compensation for buyer). Any disputes regarding this contract or kitten/cat will also be litigated and governed under the laws and statutes of seller’s (original breeder’s – Luv Exocticz Cattery) home state and county at time of dispute.
Buyer: _________________________ Date: ________ Witness:________________________ Date: ________
Seller: ________________________ Date: _________ Witness: _______________________ Date: _________
Policy: Luv Exoticz is very particular about where we place our cats/kittens. Luv Exoticz reserves the right to refuse any sale of a cat or kitten.
Until a cat/kitten leaves Luv Exoticz Cattery we have the right to make All decisions pertaining to our Luv Exoticz cats/kittens.
Deposits: Our policy here at Luv Exoticz is that once a deposit has been placed on a cat/kitten that particular cat/kitten is yours, there will be No changing of cat/kittens once a decision has been made and the deposit is in place.